Travel the world with food
Last week we were in China now we’re in Northern Italy with a Light Shrimp Pasta with olive oil
- 1 lb 21-25 Jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined and lightly salted.
- Do you know that shrimp is sold by size. 21- 25 means that there are 21- 25 shrimps makes a pound.(substitute with broccoli, cauliflower and mushrooms for a vegetarian meal)
- 6 ripe plum tomatoes (blanch in hot water for 6 minutes and slip off skin then dice)
- ¼ cup butter
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic diced
- 4 large heads of shallots or 3 large stalks of scallion using the white only
- 2 tbs. capers
- ¼ cup white wine
- 4 stalks of dill
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 pack thin spaghetti 1lb
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- And a whole lot of LOVE.
- Makes 4 servings with 5-6 jumbo shrimp each. Add more shrimp if you love shrimp, I would.Start to boil water for pasta at the same time as you start the sauce. This meal comes together really quickly once you start and you want your pasta to be perfectly cooked and hot once the sauce is cooked so that the shrimp will be at a perfect texture and not over cooked.Put butter, olive oil, garlic and shallots in frying pan and sauté on medium till the onions become translucent. Add tomatoes for 2 minutes. Add wine, capers, dill leaves, salt and black pepper for another 5 minutes. This can be prepared hours ahead or even a day ahead and kept in the fridge. Re heat when you are ready to use, make sure it’s hot and add shrimp to pan 2 minutes per side. When shrimp are pink on both sides add 1/3 cup of pasta water cook for 3 minutes. Add ¼ cup olive oil at the end. For Vegetarian blanch the vegetable slightly to the texture you desire and then add to the sauce.
Boil water add couple table spoons of olive oil, salt and spaghetti. Never add pasta until the water is at a full boil. Boil for about 8 minutes stir occasionally so that the pasta doesn’t stick together. Never over boil the pasta this will totally destroy the meal. If your pasta is over cooked start all over again. Remember food is texture as well. The type of pasta you use in a meal is very important, noodles are just not just noodles they greatly affect the dish you are trying to create.
Place pasta on the plate and pour sauce and shrimps on top. Garnish with dill and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and “Vola”
From my table to yours with a whole lot of LOVE. Miss. Chin